Sunday, June 2, 2013

Roller Coaster

Well, its all in all been a pretty good weekend. A little of this and a little of that. Bought new sheets for the bed, something I have always put off, not because of the expense, but because of Shane's line of work. It always seemed that no matter how hard or long he scrubbed there was always grease somewhere and our sheets were always a bit icky. Now, I guess they will get to stay nice and clean longer. 
Friday night I DDed for a good friend, its always an entertaining thing to do that for others. Saturday night I went people watching, again lots of entertainment, that is until a song played that hit me to the core. Shane over the many many years has performed this song with countless bands and karaoke. Keep Your Hands to Yourself was a staple, our good friends in the band Big Engine and Shane had an entire performance to go along with it, which I can play in my head from beginning to end. He had even changed the lyrics to suit him. I had to walk out as soon as I heard the beginning chords. After that I just couldn't get into being there anymore, though I did throw a damn good game of darts, and won before I came home.
Today was another good day though. I went and spent time with one of our best friends in the world. Boozer and Mary have been a part of our lives since the day Shane and I became a couple, and part of Shane's way before I even came along. Boozer is Shane's best friend, as close as brothers could ever be. Being with them and their family reminded me that Shane will live on and on through them, and Boozer will teach our daughter's all the things I can't about their Daddy.  I love them so much and am so happy they will always be there in my life. Mary even redid my hair color, since the purple had all but washed out and the pink was beginning to fade. 
Tomorrow begins a new week, a new chapter. SSI appt in the morning. Then my little Princess will be home tomorrow evening!!! I am so excited and happy about that, I have missed her so much. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment